RETURNING TO BOOKSELLERS SOON!!!
In a world with little hope and no rules, the only thing they have to lose is themselves.
Rhys Cooper is a dead man. He’s spent years hiding from the virus that wiped out most of the human race, but an act of futile heroism has him counting down his remaining days. The timely arrival of superhuman soldiers offers some feeble hope—but only if Rhys can reconcile himself to doing what is necessary to take advantage of it.
Sergeant Darius Murrell has seen too much death and too little tenderness. His job is seeking out the infected to put them out of their misery, or sending the uninfected survivors to a safe haven where he and his fellow Juggernaut troops will never be welcomed. Rhys’s situation is different, though. Not only is there an improbable chance that Darius won’t have to put a bullet in Rhys’s head, but he has somehow managed to get under Darius’s skin.
The virus Rhys must infect himself with in order to survive is sexually transmitted, and optimizing his chance of exposure requires him to submit as often as possible to Darius—and the other soldiers. Though the boundaries of morality have shifted in this harsh new world, Darius and Rhys question whether their humanity is too high a price to pay for Rhys’s survival.
Available for purchase at:
Barnes & Noble
Review it at Goodreads
What reviewers are saying about Strain:
- “This is one story that will stick with me long after I am done reading it. Five Shooting Stars.” — RedzWorld
- “…dystopian fantasy at its finest…devastatingly beautiful.” — Jenni Lea for Boy Meets Boy Reviews
- “A strong, dark read.” Em at A Shared Brain Cell
- “…passionate, intense and not for the faint of heart…” — Author Nikka Michaels
- “Strain will be on my Books of the Year list for 2014. This I already know. More than 5 stars if I could.” — KazzaK at On Top Down Under Book Reviews
- “absolutely beautiful.” — DavinciKitty at GraveTells
- “I Loved It!” — Heather C at The Blogger Girls
- “Strain fulfilled every single one of [my] dystopian desires.” — Cia at GayAuthors.org
- “My. Kind. of. Book” — Lirtle Grafton at Prism Book Alliance
- “The story and the struggles make this an amazing read.” — Vanessa at The Jeep Diva
- “It was one of those that I didn’t want to put down.” — Christi Snow at Smitten With Reading
- “a compelling, absorbing and thrilling read” — Feliz at Mrs. Condit and Friends Read Books
- “kept me enthralled from the start” — Jody at Words of Wisdom from the Scarf Princess
- “I’m not even sure I can adequately express all the things it made me feel.” — Janette at 3 Chicks After Dark
- “It was FANTASTIC. One of the best books I’ve read this year” — Vanessa at Love, Lust and Laptops
- “I’m not sure I have the words for the awesomeness of this story.” — Chrissy at JoyfullyJay
- “I was intrigued from start to finish, read this book in one sitting that caused me to lose lots of sleep.” — Tams at MM Good Book Reviews
- “Strain is a well written and absorbing novel.” — Melanie at Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
- “thought-provoking, creative and powerfully written.” — Jonetta at The Book Vixen
- “a tale that will linger for a long time to come.” — Marleen at More Than a Reading Journal
- “a thrilling dystopian tale.” — Solange at Smut Book Club
- “Amelia Gormley has created a really excellently drawn post-apocalyptic world” — Author Leta Blake
- “I took a chance on this book, and I loved it until four in the morning.” — Tina for The Novel Approach
- “Kudos to the author for taking a risk on a volatile subject and giving us front-row seats to every possible angle, and some of the best, well-drawn characters I’ve ever encountered in fiction.” — Author Eden Winters reviewing for Cryselle’s Crazyspot
- “this is an amazing and complex story” — Laurie P for Night Owl Reviews